Journal Entry #1: My first official week

Did I think that I would start my college life like this? Most definitely not. I was expecting to be on campus, make friends, maybe even join a club. But due to the pandemic, everything came at a halt. Im spending my first semester online but it’s not as bad as I thought.

My classes aren’t feeling overwhelming and I try to get ahead in my work. I’ve been doing a pretty good job so far. Let’s hope it actually stays that way. My professors are very understanding and are willing to make changes due to the condition we are under. We are all trying to get used to this but it is a struggle sometimes. My lectures aren’t too long and time usually flies by when i’m in them.

Overall I do believe that I was made for college. In high school I was tired of being babied and just not having a challenge. High school was a little too easy for me so this is definitely a change of pace. This is a completely different environment that I feel way more comfortable with.

Hopefully as the days go by I will get more used to remote learning and continue to be ahead of my studies. But I’m pretty sure I got this in the bag!